Friday, July 5, 2013

The True Hollywood Story of Jacqueline Bogle


The woman, the myth and the legend.

Jacqueline Bogle is a Mary Kay Director, former drag racer, rebel, a loving person and a strong Christian. My Mom can be wearing an ironed suit and the next minute mowing the yard. She is the most well rounded and independent person.  

I know many of you are reading this that may know me well, and know that my mom and I had a rocky couple of years, but I truly mean this post. She is my momma, and I love her with all my heart. I used to do her makeup when I was really young, while Abby would eat her lipsticks. We used to sing to Strawberry Wine, Dixie Chicks, Shania Twain and Faith Hill at the top of our lungs in her bathroom. I would wear her seminar dresses and heels, and she would treat me like a princess.

My Mom is traditional and open-minded. She trusts easily and will do anything for the people she loves. She has the prettiest voice, and I wish I could expose that to the world. She is a very beautiful singer. My Mom has soul. She likes hot rods, makeup, running, shoes, eating liver, The Waltons, and new PJ’s.

My Mom loves wine, country music (specifically Merle Haggerd and Willie Nelson), dancing (she is one of the best dancers), high heels, chick flicks, and creative cooking. My Mom has a very strong personality and is emotional – that is where I get it. She has killer legs, and a great fashion sense. She used to wear the prettiest outfits to my basketball games, like pencil skirts, suits and dresses, and my coach would envy her style.

My Mom can be successful doing anything. She was a racer, now a director, decorates houses and picks up other side jobs. She had me working full time on the farm by eighth grade, cleaning houses and she helped me start a detailing business. I have had several jobs, because she has taught me that I should not be dependent and I can be successful at anything I put my mind to. She taught me how to work, and always do everything 100 percent. She also made me the clean and organized freak I am today.

Let me tell you a couple things my mom has taught me:
  • Cross your legs while sitting on the bench during games, it’s lady like
    • This did not happen.
  • Do not cuss on the court, it’s not lady like
    • That did happen, and I was grounded.
  • Always follow the golden rule
    • Treat others the way you want to be treated.
  • DO NOT WEAR HIGH HEELS IF YOU CAN NOT WALK IN THEM
    • She taught me this over and over.
  • Etiquette is a must. You better use the right silverware and place them accordingly.
  • Don’t second-guess yourself, when you feel like it is the right thing to do
  • Rap music is nasty
    • She struggled with this when I was bumpin ‘Get Low’ in my bedroom when I was a freshman.
  • A man better treat you right.
    • Or else she will threaten him and scare him half to death.
  • Aretha Franklin has the voice of an angel
  • Pink Cadillacs and Christmas songs are the best 
  • Always forgive. Always.

My mother would skip Spanish class in high school and go drag racing on Main in Roswell, my Grandpa (her step-dad at the time), conveniently caught her several times. My mother’s brakes went out and she ran into what used to be TCBY by the Icon theatre now. She ran into the front of the building with a gremlin like car. That is how cool my mom is. My mom is notorious.

My mother once ran the milkman triathlon SEVEN MONTHS after I was born. She pushed me in a three-wheeler stroller. Mind you, I was nine pounds one ounce when I was born. You could not see my elbows, so I was heavy to push. She can run for days, Forrest Gump would have nothing on her.

One night, my ex came to take me to the movies and he did not open my door for me when I walked around to the passenger side. My mother walked down the front yard, showed him how to open the door and told him, “You better open that door every time.”

My mother has given birth to two nine-pound babies, without having one C section, and one seven-pound baby. My mother fought through her kidney almost failing and having surgeries while she was pregnant with my little sister. My mother has gone through her parents divorce, and she herself having a divorce. My mother has had breast cancer scares. My mother is amazingly strong - mentally, physically and emotionally.


So here is to you Mom, the drag racer, Mary Kay director, Forrest Gump runner, high heel wearing, wine drinking, strongest woman I know. I love you with all my heart. 48 is the new 28, so keep aging like fine wine and Sandra Bullock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment