Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Cowboys can Win Games & Lose Games all at Once

Before you start reading, I am not playing the blame game, instead I am bringing light to some issues with Dallas. Seeing Romo is the storyline, let's start with him. I'm sure you are tuning in to see if I eat crow, and admit that I was completely wrong about my expectations for Romo tonight (note the previous post). Romo threw two interceptions that completely fall on him.Tthe first interception he read the blitz, and Ogletree did not adjust. If you noticed Witten did adjust in a couple of the third down blitz situations and ran a quick slant in the middle to help Romo out of a jam.

Before we get into the nitty gritty of this franchise let me note, JASON GARRETT HAD ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA HOW TO ADJUST TO THE REDSKINS BLITZ PACKAGE ALL GAME. You are telling me by the third quarter Red Jesus had nothing prepared for the blitz, that was not all that complicated, and no one upstairs in the booth was telling Garrett or Romo how to adjust? Wrong.

The Trouble with Dallas:

1.We can't stay healthy to save our lives. We are dropping like flies.
2. We don't have depth at any position. You want Romo gone, ok, have fun with Kyle Orton, because we all know Jerry Jones does not invest in the future to build depth, but instead wants immediate satisfaction.
3. The mentality we have, and I'm talking about having to rely on momentum to get Dallas in a rhythm.
4. RELYING ON ROMO AND WARE TO FIX ALL OF OUR PROBLEMS. You want to talk about toughness, Romo has played with a broken rib and Ware played as best as he could while our receivers were dropping, and never came back into the game to play through their pain.
5. What do you expect? As a Texas Tech Red Raider, the same applies for Seth Doege. You expect him to throw 50 times without any interceptions? Yes, Garrett established the run game and actually committed to Murray for two and a half quarters. However, the same does not apply for the other games this season, that we could have easily won if we had committed to the run.
6. THE BLAME GAME. Mind you there are 11 men on that field, and you want to bring up Romo. Ok, so Aikman had E. Smith to establish the rhythm of their game, and opened up the play action for Irvin. Mind you, Aikman had a killer offensive line.
7. Don't get me started on Jerry Jones. He made his bed, and is now lying in it. There will be irrational decisions made whether it is firing Jason Garrett (Red Jesus) or Tony Romo. That is not going to solve our problems. We don't build in the trenches or build for the future. You are telling me Jay Ratliff having a contact extension is awesome because it is Ratliff. Where is he? Oh yeah, he has been hurt almost all season and is OLD!

My Solutions:

1. This might come as a surprise to my friends, but invest in Dwayne Harris, let Miles Austin go. Miles has a chronic hamstring injury that needs serious work, and it is constantly getting hurt.
2. DRAFT AN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN AGAIN. Tyron Smith - great draft pick, so do it again.
3. DRAFT A DECENT QB for a legitimate backup, and I'm not talking about investing in our second stringer - Kyle Orton.
4. If you must go ahead and fire Jason Garrett or get him a legitimate offensive coordinator. Garrett needs helps.
5. Trust Romo to call the plays, and be the general. I think in crunch time Romo and Garrett battle and you need to allow him to be the Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers in the two minute drill. Don't get your panties in a ruffle, I'm not comparing Romo to Brady or Rodgers. No huddle offense, and let Romo role.
6. What is sad is today is you don't see every down backs. They are few and far between. I would love an Adrian Peterson and Gore is pretty good for San Fran. Murray needs to be an every down back. He needs to help Romo take the load, but with that being said, we also need a good offensive line to help him out. Smith is the all time NFL rushing leader and he NEVER came out.
7. Personally, if I was the coach and Jerry Jones did not boss me around, I would blow the whole thing up and start over, and bring some discipline to that team. I get it, they are men in the NFL, however, you want that paycheck, you must earn it. I would provide incentives  and no I'm not talking about the bounty program. haha Sorry Saints. I would respectfully keep Ware, Lee, Murray, Dwayne Harris, Tryon Smith, Mo Claiborne and maybe Romo.

My father raised me as a Cowboys' fan, because he saw the pure greatness the 90s was for Dallas. I wish for once I could celebrate with my boys' in the post season. The thing is we never easily won any game this season. Every game was tight and taken to the wire. We are mediocre, if even, and that's the truth. Take it. Own it. Start Over. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment