Sunday, December 30, 2012

Keys for the Dallas Cowboys winning NFC East Title

The Dallas Cowboys once again have their back against the wall tonight hoping to squeeze into the post season by winning the NFC East Title. It can not get any better than this, Cowboys vs Redskins for post season hopes.

A couple of keys to the game, and first I will start with my responsibilities. I will be sitting in my Dad's new massage chair to prevent myself from suffering a minor heart attack, because we all know Dallas will take this to the wire. Also, I will be wearing my Sean Lee jersey. It tends to bring good luck. Some prayers will be said before the game, as well.

As or my family's superstitions, my father is helping by wearing a new grey Cowboys hat in remembrance of Tom Landry. My family and I will be positioned in the right seats in our living room for luck. We will change seats if Dallas is not playing good.

Now, some keys to the game for Dallas. Look for Dez Bryant to be covered and shut down at times, making Miles Austin and Dwayne Harris some major targets for Romo. I am looking forward to Harris becoming a factor. First showdown - Romo vs Robert Griffin III. Tony Romo. Will. Not. Disappoint.  I repeat, Romo will not disappoint. Other than the Chicago game, Romo has been lights out all season, He is clutch, and has brought the Cowboys back from huge fourth-quarter deficits this season. Romo accounts for 4,685 yards and 26 touchdowns for this season alone. It is his time to shut everyone up. I am looking forward to seeing Romo be agressive out of the pocket and taking some early chances throwing deep. The only worry I have is turnovers, and not just from Romo, but tipped or dropped passes. The Redskins are extremely opportunistic on turnovers. My worry is the Redskins secondary. To say the least, they are very good.

Seeing I am a Texas Tech Red Raider, I have eaten my crow from all the doubts I had for RG3 coming into the NFL. He is difficult to defend, and when the defense adjusts, he adjusts. As a rookie, he has 3,100 yards, 20 touchdowns and only five interceptions.

Second showdown - Alfred Morris vs DeMarco Murray. Jason Garrett must commit to the run game. Murray will be a huge determining factor, and in order to set up play action, which Romo can thrive in, we must commit to Murray. In saying that, our offensive line better show up today. As of late, they have been decent, compared to their horrid start. After contact, Morris continues to push the pile until the 1st down or plank is reached. He averages 4.7 yards a carry.

Let's talk defense. My concern with Dallas is our secondary. RG3 can dominate with the run game by picking on our depleted linebacking crew, and can definitely dominate our secondary after Alfred Morris is established and opens their play action. Brandon Carr, Mike Jenkins and Mo Claiborne will have to be quick on their feet. Lately, Claiborne has been giving a little too much cushion with his coverage and will have to play closer.

The Cowboys' advantage is all this talk about DeMarcus Ware not being 100 percent. Ware will be 100 percent on that field, and he will be a factor tonight. He is probably the strongest player on that entire team. You can never count out Ware's strength and impact. Rob Ryan's goal is to bring pressure to RG3. They will have to bring the heat, and Cowboys' secondary will need to hold down their coverage as best as possible.

Difference in this game and the Redskins 38-31 victory over Dallas on Thanksgiving was DeMarco Murray was not on the field. However, play-calling depends on Jason Garrett and I hope and pray he does not out think himself in this critical game. Garrett is too smart for his own good at times, and Jimmy Johnson says the same thing. I'm just adding some credibility.

Tonight, the Cowboys' linebackers will have to step up, Romo will have to make smart decisions with the Redskins' secondary ready to attack, and our receivers can not afford to drop or tip any passes. One last thing, NO MORE PENALTIES, and if the Cowboys' offensive line false starts one more time, I might lose it. I am talking to you - DOUG FREE. If Dallas can play smart and fundamentally sound football, they will be in the post season.


No comments:

Post a Comment